Preparation of parts and assemblies for powder paint, powder paint application, curing, inspection, and packaging. Willing to train the right person with no powder coating experience.
- Works in all activities of the paint department
- Support delivery schedules while maximizing productivity
- Set-up equipment; prepare powder, fire oven, adjusts equipment settings for quality, etc.
- Apply paint to specification.
- Manage baking and curing times to maintain high quality standards; pack when painted parts are dry.
- Perform final inspection for the department to specified procedures; comply with all quality system requirements; work may be subject to secondary approval.
- Troubleshoot paint problems and executes resolutions.
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning of powder booth, spray guns, power washing equipment, pressure pots, oven, etc.
- Maintain powder paint and related supply inventory; keeps storage areas in clean and orderly condition.
- At the direction of the Supervisor, train and maintain training for at least one backup person to set-up equipment and powder paint.
- Powder Coat experience is a plus.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Forklift experience a plus.
High school diploma, G.E.D., or three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment as a powder painter, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience as determined by the Supervisor or the Operations Manager. Effective communication and planning skills are required. Must be able to read and speak English.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of the essential functions of this position that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. This job requires that the employee occasionally bend, twist, reach and lift of up to 50 lbs. The employee must be able to hear and communicate verbally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.