Cut and join metals and other materials in the process of assembling the products of the company. Operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Adept at the use of Use CNC breaks and saws
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Operates both stationary and moving overhead cranes.
- Track production on schedule boards.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Learning Orientation
- Time Management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Must be able to work in warm conditions for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday - Thursday, 10pm to 6am. Overtime may be required in times of peak demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Proven experience as welder
- Previous production experience
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Experience using robotic welders will be a plus